New York Pedestrian Accident – New York Car Accident Lawyers
The Fitzgerald Law Firms represent pedestrians hit by cars and other motor vehicles. The firms have over 40 years of experience and have recovered millions for New York accident victims, including a recent verdict $5,730,000 in a New York car accident case. To contact The Fitzgerald Law Firm, please call toll-free at 1-800-323-9900 or submit the firm’s online contact form.
Some common scenarios in pedestrian accident cases include the following:
- A pedestrian is hit by a car or other vehicle while crossing the road.
- The driver of a vehicle loses control, swerves onto a sidewalk, and hits a pedestrian.
- A school bus hits a child who has just exited or is about to enter the bus.
- A car or other vehicle backs over a pedestrian, usually a young child.
- A pedestrian, usually a child, is hit by a car or other vehicle in a parking lot.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
A pedestrian accident lawyer should be contacted immediately after a pedestrian accident to investigate the facts and determine if driver negligence caused the accident. Some common factors contributing to driver negligence include the following:
- A driver’s inattentiveness or preoccupation (often cell phone use)
- A driver’s failure to observe posted speed limits
- A driver’s failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked cross walks
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DWI)
A pedestrian accident lawyer should also be consulted regarding the statute of limitations, the time limit for filing a claim. You could lose your right to sue responsible parties if you do not act quickly. Call The Fitzgerald Law Firm toll-free at 1-800-323-9900 to discuss your New York pedestrian accident.