Deborah P. Henkin
Deborah Pearl Henkin is of counsel to The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. She was born in Brooklyn, New York. She attended the Milne School in Albany, then obtained associate degrees in Apparel Design and Marketing from the Fashion institute of Technology and a B.S. in liberal studies from SUNY Empire State College. She received her J.D. cum laude from Brooklyn Law School in 1984. After an internship at Herbert Oppenheimer, Nathan and Vandyke in London, England, she received an LL.M. in international law — transnational business and taxation — from McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, in 1986.
Debbie was formerly a litigation associate at Fried Frank Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, and was in solo general practice for several years.
She is admitted to practice in the state of New York and has been admitted to practice before the federal courts of the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Court of International Trade and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- SUNY Empire State College, Saratoga Springs, New York, Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1984
Admitted to Practice
- New York, 1984
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of International Trade
- Supreme Court of the United States