James P. Fitzgerald
James is the managing partner of The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. He has over 20 years of experience working as a paralegal and lawyer. As a high school student, he designed computer programs to assist Fitzgerald Lawyers in the litigation and trial preparation of cases.
James obtained his undergraduate degree from Villanova University in electrical engineering. He brings these technical skills to the analysis and presentation of cases, especially those involving complex medicine.
He attended Pace Law School and was admitted to practice in 2007. With The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C., James continues the legacy of The Fitzgerald Lawyers.
Although James has vast experience in all types of personal injury, medical malpractice, and brain trauma cases, he has taken a special interest in pioneering cases for parents who have lost a newborn or suffered a stillbirth. Most recently, he took a $5-Million jury verdict for short bowel syndrome caused by necrotizing enterocolitis and a $400,000 jury verdict for a stillbirth.
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, 2003
- Pace Law School, White Plains, New York, Juris Doctor, 2006
Admitted to Practice
- New York, 2007
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2008
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2009
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2009
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York, 2009
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice, Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Bronx County Bar Association
- (914) 613-5475
- (914) 378-1010 ext. 201
A team of lawyers from The Fitzgerald Law Firm wrote an article in response to the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecologists’ Neonatal Encephalopathy and Neurological Outcome (Second Edition), which was published in the prestigious Birth Trauma Litigation Journal of the American Association for Justice. Read it here.