FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE BREAST CANCER LAWYERS
For over 40 years The Fitzgerald Law Firms have handled hundreds of failure to diagnose / medical malpractice cases and has achieved many substantial verdicts and settlements, including a $94 million dollar jury verdict–the largest medical malpractice verdict in the United States in 2002 (Lawyers Weekly).
FREE CONSULTATION Failure to Diagnose 1-800-323-9900 (Toll-Free) or Submit the Firm’s Online Contact Form
The failure to diagnose breast cancer is a form of medical malpractice. With certain medical conditions the delay can allow the disease to progress into stages that are irreparable.
Failure to diagnose breast cancer can include cases involving the following:
- A doctor does not have a mammogram performed after the patient states she felt a lump in her breast;
- A doctor does not have a mammogram performed after the doctor feels a lump in the breast;
- A doctor fails to do follow-up when the doctor feels a lump in the patient’s breast and sends her for a mammogram, which comes back negative (15% of mammograms are false negative);
- A radiologist makes an error in reading the mammogram;
- A surgeon performs a negligent biopsy of a suspicious mass in a breast, for example, taking the biopsy in the wrong place.
Failure to diagnose breast cancer can be inclusive of a delayed diagnosis as well. Especially in instances like cancer, the failure to diagnosis the disease in a timely manner can make the difference between life and death. If you or a family member has been harmed due to a healthcare professional’s failure to diagnose breast cancer, please contact us. The failure to diagnose breast cancer is a negligent action. Patients whose cancer has progressed unnecessarily should be compensated for the resulting financial burdens, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of quality of life, and shortened life span.