JOHN P. MARGAND
John P. Margand is Trial Counsel to The Fitzgerald Law Firm, P.C. and has been practicing personal injury law since 1990. He is admitted to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and the District of Columbia. He has been successful in securing millions of dollars in awards and settlements for his clients.
Mr. Margand is a featured speaker in the area of health education and is a founding board member of Program Reach, a New York-based charity whose character-based abstinence education program, Healthy Respect, has received national recognition for its role in establishing best practices in the rapidly growing field of sexual health education.
Mr. Margand’s legal practice is devoted primarily to personal injury and wrongful death cases, including accidents and injuries caused by medical malpractice, defective products, unsafe premises and motor vehicle accidents.
United States Army:
Captain Margand served two years under the command of General Norman Schwarzkopf during desert maneuvers. He directed a 90-person intelligence network in field operations, and managed training for 420 personnel in twelve distinct military specialties. He qualified as a parachutist with the U.S. Army Airborne School.
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bachelor of Arts, French, 1980
- University of London, London, United Kingdom, Master of Arts, Francophone West Africa, 1981
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, Juris Doctor, 1989
Admitted to Practice
- New York, 1990
- New Jersey, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1990
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1991
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1991
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- (914) 613-5494
- (914) 378-1010 ext. 234